Coffee cheesecake with mocha cream frosting
This beautiful baked coffee cheesecake is any coffee lover's dream dessert! An Oreo base, with coffee cheesecake, topped with dark chocolate ganache and a Mocha cream cheese frosting, this cheesecake is a showstopper and pure indulgence.
The recipe is very straightforward and simple, you need a good quality of coffee and cream cheese and you will have the most delicious baked coffee cheesecake.
This cheesecake was loved by my boys at home, although my husband isn’t a coffee dessert lover like me he still said this was the best coffee flavour dessert he has had. I loved how the different layers all come together so well, the dark chocolate ganache breaks down the coffee taste, and the subtle mocha cream frosting on top makes it even more delicious.
I created this recipe last Christmas for DeLonghi as a partnership. I made the cheesecake with the coffee using my La Specialista Arte coffee machine, which makes the best coffee ever. The perfect espresso for the perfect coffee.
Few things to keep in mind for this cheesecake,
- Always have your cream cheese at room temperature
- Eggs at room temperature too
- You can use instant coffee as well, make sure to use as much quantity as a single espresso shot.
- Always use full fat cream cheese for the cheesecake otherwise it will not be as creamy.
- Make sure to use the best quality of dark chocolate for the ganache, I have used Lindt Dark cooking 70 percent intense.
You might also like -
Love and hugs
|Preparation - 30 mins, Baking - 50 mins
|Makes about 10 slices
- 2 packs of Oreo cookies - 300 grams
- 70 grams unsalted butter melted
- 4 packs of full fat cream cheese - 660 grams
- 1 single espresso from Delonghi La Specialtista
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 grams natural yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams 50 percentage dark chocolate good quality
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 225 grams heavy cream
- 150 grams icing sugar
- 1 single espresso coffee
For the base
For the filling
Mocha cream frosting
- Add the Oreo cookies and blitz in the food processor until crumbled, add the melted butter and blitz again until it starts to come together. Add the mixture into the prepared tin and press down using the back of a spoon, bake in the oven for 10 mins.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, espresso and vanilla extract, using a hand mixer or stand mixer beat the mixture on low speed until no lumps.
- Add the yogurt, then add the egg one at a time and continue mixing until all well combined.
- Add the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 50 mins. Let it completely cool down, then keep refrigerated overnight.
- Chop the chocolate well and add to a heat proof bowl. Heat the cream and butter in a saucepan until it comes to boil and add the cream on the chopped chocolate and let it sit for few mins, then gently mix it together without forming any air bubbles.
- Add the heavy cream, espresso coffee and icing sugar into a large bowl and beat using a hand mixer or stand mixer until stiff peaks, add to a piping bag to decorate.
Pre heat the oven 180 degrees, line a 9 inch spring form cake tin, grease with butter and set aside.
For the filling -
For the ganache -
For the mocha cream frosting -
To decorate the cheesecake, add the chocolate ganache on top and spread around so it drips on the sides, pipe the frosting the way you like. Enjoy!