Classic French Toasts
Sunday’s are for French toasts or pancakes, yummm! too hard to decide which one I want the most.
I remember my Mom used to make the best French toasts ever and this recipe is how she would make them. On a lazy Sunday morning, we used to wake to late and Mom would be in the kitchen preparing breakfast, Sunday’s would be spent lazing around, eating and sometimes maybe with a trip to the shopping center in the evening. Every time I have these it brings back childhood memories!
Now it’s pretty much the same here a home, I am the Mom who makes a lazy Sunday breakfast, it’s either pancakes or these classic My Mom’s French toasts, here is my Wholewheat pancakes if you would like to give that a try.
My boys love them. I use butter for my little fella to fry, for us I switch to coconut oil. Topped with any seasonal fresh fruits and drizzled with honey it’s a combination of pure pleasure :)
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do at home.
I hope you enjoy it just as much as we did at home. If you try my recipe please do remember to use my hashtag #soulfulandhealthy on social media so I can see your beautiful creations.
If you love it please do share it with family and friends.
Enjoy your Sunday!️
|Prep Time:||Under 20 mins|
|Servings:||Makes 10 Slices|
- 10 slices of white or brown bread slices
- 1 and 1/2 cups of whole milk (milk of choice)
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix together milk, eggs, vanilla essence, ground cinnamon and salt, use a wire whisk to mix well (do not beat it).
- Heat a tsp of butter or coconut oil on a non-stick pan. Dip the bread slices, make sure it is nicely coated on all side. Pan fry on both side, until well done, take 3 to 4 mins.
- Repeat the same for all slices.
- Serve warm, topped with seasonal fruits, honey or maple syrup. Enjoy!