Banana bread (Refined sugar free)
How few simple ingredients when combined together becomes something so delicious! The magic of baking always fascinated me. This Banana bread is so moist and oh so tasty! Once you bake this it will become your favourite to bake it over and over again.
This recipe happened just like that one afternoon when over ripe bananas kept staring at me! :D they were on the verge of being binned but thankfully one afternoon I thought if I don’t used them today then it’s gone for sure. I was lucky to I had all the ingredients at home, so this bread was made out of simple ingredients that are easily available in everybody’s food cupboard.
The texture is so perfect! Moist and so tasty. It is refined sugar free, I have used pure honey and that too only a tablespoon, because the bananas also are enough to sweeten it. The only thing that has sugar is chocolate chips, you can omit if you don’t want them. If you like yours a bit sweeter you can add a bit more of honey.
Make it gluten-free by using gluten-free flour. I haves added chocolate chunks you can even use white chocolate chips if you like, that is the only thing that has sugar, if you want it fully sugar free feel free to skip it.
If you would like muffins then I have a simple Banana and walnut dark chocolate chips recipe.
I really hope you enjoy these delicious muffins much as I did :) Let me know if you tried my recipe, please feel free to tag me and use my hashtag #soulfulandhealthy on your lovely creations, so I don't miss them.
|Prep Time:||1 hour|
|Servings:||Makes 1 2lb loaf|
- 1 and 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 grams chopped dark chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 medium organic very ripe bananas
- 2 big tbsp melted coconut oil
Dry ingredients -
Wet ingredients -
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, butter and dust a little flour to a 2 lb loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas using a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon then using a wire whisk mix them well.
- In a medium bowl add the wet ingredients and use a wire whisk and mix until well combined. No need to over beat, few lumps of banana is ok.
- Now make a small well in the middle of the dry mixture and add the wet mixture to it. Use a spatula and mix well. Add the chopped dark chocolate pieces and mix well.
- Add the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for about 45 mins to 50 mins. Each oven heat varies so keep an eye out. Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let it completely cool and enjoy!